Wednesday, April 1, 2009

When I Grow Up

love asking kids what they want to be when they grow up, and with all my babysitting and preparing for Caden to come I have been pondering the answer to that question myself. At 22, with a degree, a husband, and a baby on the way (however naive) I still view myself as far from grown up. I was the little girl that wanted to be her mommy when she grew up. Sure, I went through a phase where I wanted to be a doctor (I think that lasted until I realized how smart you really had to be and long you reallly had to stay in school:), but I just wanted to be my mommy. In my four-year old eyes that meant I wanted to be a wife and a stay at home mom. With those dreams becoming reality rather quickly I have began wondering...is that still what I want to be when I grow up? and the answer is a resounding YES!The past couple of weeks I have found myself wondering how I would do in the corporate world...what would it feel like to nail that big presentation or close that big deal? and the more I think about it, the more sure I am that when I grow up I want to be a good wife and a good mom. I might not ever know what it is like to have the feeling of nailing the presentation or closing the deal, but I have no doubt that being there when Caden takes his first steps, says his first words, gets sick, displays his first smile and all those other milestones it will be better than any feeling I could ever hope for or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment