Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blessed with the best

I absolutelty love my husband dearly but yesterday I found that I have even more love for him than I ever thought possible. Last night, Chris was at basketball tryouts until 8:00 and I was going up to church to meet a friend to walk. I was driving around the back of the church and literally the next thing I know I hear this scrapping sound. Long story short (actually it is not a long story because I honestly don't have a clue what happened) I ran our brand new 2008 Honda Civic that we have had for 6 months into a telephone poll. Naturally, I start bawling and hypervenilating. Not wanting to call Chris on the phone or wanting to wait for him to get home, I get in the car and drive to Shelby County High School where he is. I call him crying my eyes out and he comes outside, gives me a big hug, gets in his car and follows me home. By the time we get home, he gets me out of my car and just keeps hugging me, the whole time saying...its just a car, well just call insurance, its no big deal, etc. Later that night, I asked him why he was being so nice about it and why he really wasnt upset at all. This is the response I got..."When I was driving in the car on the way home I just got some reflection time. I realized that if I was going to get upset about a car, then that says I care more about material things than about you. God shows me grace and compassion everyday and I am called to show that same grace and compassion to you." Wow. I am blessed, I am beyond blessed. I am convinced now more than ever that I really do have the best husband in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment