Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Waiting Game

We have all played it before. In my life it has taken on different situations and identities, but the waiting game has never been like this before. I went to the doctor for a follow up appointment today. The good news is that I have not dialated anymore:) The not so great news is that Caden is still breech and after talking to the doctors, researching it, talking to Chris and praying about it we have decided the best thing to do is not to do a version (a version is when the doctors try to turn the baby themselves.) Last night we almost went to the hospital again because my contractions are still about 1-2 minutes apart and they were starting to become more painful but we decided just to wait it out. Today the doctor said that we are basically just waiting...what happens from here on out is up to Caden. I could just stay in labor with the contractions that I am having for weeks or days--at this point unless my water breaks, the contractions become much more intense or anything else drastic happens we are just waiting. The verse "do not be anxious about anything but in everything...pray:) has taken on a whole new meaning for me this week. So, in our waiting I am trusting in God and doing what I can to prepare for Caden Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment