Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The best Christmas present ever!

Yesterday during my time with God, I could not help but think, what was Mary feeling like at this point in her life? 9 months pregnant, riding on a donkey and nowhere to go. And I wonder what all emotions she was experiencing...little did I know what was in store for me that night:)
My contractions started getting worse on Wednesday morning, but there was no way I was going to the hospital again...I mean I only had 6 days to go;) Then, by Christmas Night they were 3 minutes apart on the dot and pretty unbearable. I finally broke down and called the doctors office. When I talked to the doctor on call I practically begged her not to make me come in and let her know that I had a doctors appointment in the morning and if I could just take some tylenol I would be okay till morning. She said give it another hour and if they stay the same/get worse then I need to come in (just to, once again, be sent home I was sure:) Within 45 minutes we were in the car on our way to Baptist East. We arrived at the hospital around 10:00 and baby Caden was born by 11:46! He weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and is 19 inches long! We will be in the hospital for a few days. Thanks so much for the continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment