Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Home Sweet Home
I have been home more in the past week then I have been in the past year! I want to tell everyone about the doctor's appointment today and I am hoping people read this and will respond because I am looking for advice, stories and everything else! Here is the latest: I am not on complete bedrest...I am on the "do what you feel like you can do" rest. So, naturally when the doctor tells me to do what I feel like I can do, I automatically think that I should call my bosses and let them know that I will be at work tomorrow, and call the people that I had to cancel for babysitting and let them know I can do it...and then reality hits. In reality, I can get up and do something for about 15-20 minutes and then I have to rest (literally lie down) for 30-45 minutes. So, I have decided that I am going to actually listen to my body, my doctor, my mom, my husband and my friends and for the next 3 weeks, and I will really "do what I feel like I can do" and no more than that...guilt free. I was telling a few people the other night I decided to make dinner and what should have taken me about an hour literally took me four hours...so now when people tell me they are bringing me dinner I say thank you and do not argue or protest...it is such a blessing! It is definately an adjustment having to be on the receiving side of help then the giving side of it!This is the part I am looking for some advice or really anything on. Baby Caden is still breech. At this point, it is highly unlikely (even though Chris and I are praying and believing it can still happen) that he will turn on his own. We went ahead and scheduled a c-section for December 29th (I think that sounds like a great birthday:). At this point, the only thing that can be done is called a version. All I have heard is that this is an extremely painful procedure with a low success rate (esp. in first time moms)--which is the downside. The upside is, that sometimes it does work, and if it does then I will not have to have a c-section. We are having an ultra sound done next week to see if Caden is even a candidate for a version...he may be to big/to small his fluid may not be just right. Anyway, if it does look like he can be turned, we will have to decide whether or not we want to try a version. So, that is the latest more updates to come soon!