Monday, April 13, 2009

He is Risen!

I LOVE Easter. I love everyone dressing their best, I love going to church and seeing it full. I love being with family I just enjoy Easter Sunday. Somewhere between the busyness of life, the candy, the stuffed bunnies and everything in between I feel like I am sometimes guilty of losing sight of the real meaning of Easter. To think that this is the day our Savior rose from the grave and he was crucified on the cross so we did not have to be should bring all of us to our knees in prayer! This past Sunday the title of the pastor's sermon was "live passionately." It really just got me thinking do I live passionately for anything? I try to live passionately for Christ, I try to love my family passionately and love people with passion but know I constantly fall short. I was talking to Chris this past week about how maybe people lose passion in their marriage. We were just talking about how so often you get caught up in the day-to-day...the house needs to be cleaned, dinner needs to be cooked, these errands need to be run and it's like you just stop enjoying life. I guess with Easter being this week it just provoked a lot of thoughts. I always say I love my life, and I really do but I think it's about time I stop and enoy this life I say I love so much!














1 comment:

  1. AMEN sister!!! I think this is something all of us are guilty of, taking things for granted, specifically our wonderful lives that we've been so blessed with! It's nice to have those "wake up calls" every so often to remind us how very blessed we are and to Whom we should give the credit and PRAISE to! Great post! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete