Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

I know it looks like Caden is being tortured in this picture (and maybe in his little mind it is) but this was kind of his first bath...which does not really count because his cord is still in but just looko how cute he is!

I cannot believe our baby is already a week old:) We have been home for 3 days now and I really fall in love with Caden more and more every second. He is the best baby...he is eating great and sleeping some...it has just been so fun so far. Chris has been home all week (he is on Christmas break until next week) and that has been a HUGE blessing. Seeing him be a dad and love Caden so much makes me fall more in love with him every day too.
Caden was born at 7'14 and was 7'1 when we left the hospital. We saw the doctor on Tuesday and he was back up to 7'5 and we go back tomorrow so hopefully he will be even a little chunkier:) I guess the funniest thing that happened was last night. We decided to go over to my parents house for a little while. My mom had just layed him on her lap to change is diaper and all the sudden she starts laughing and we all look over...Caden had a little (or actually not so little) explosion on his clothes, on his blanket, and on my mom (who does not know what she wants Caden to call her yet, so all suggestions are welcome:). Everything just kept coming out...I think he had been saving up for days. So my mom, Caden and I run to the bathroom for baby clean up duty and Chris and my dad take the clothes and blankets to try to wash them out. It was just so funny because I think the whole time Caden was just laying there like "What's the big deal?" I have a feeling this is just the first of funny stories and there will be many more to come. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment