I came across this in Parenting magazine this month...cheesy I know, but hey sometime "pick-me-ups" come in all different forms:)
Top Ten Ways Motherhood Makes You a Celebrity
1. Someone is always hounding you for your autograph. Even if it's just on a permission slip for the class trip to the recycling center.
2. You travel with an entourage. Even though two of them are still fighting over the bag of Doritos and one has a crusty nose.
3. You spend your days club hopping. How else would they get to brownies, swim lessons, etc.
4. You are front and center at every awards show.
5. You change clothes 3 times a day. And it's much more fun to pretend it's because you are being stalked by the paparazzi, not a messy toddler.
6. You are on a spa diet. Your kids only leave brocolli on their plates for you.
7. You've "exposed" yourself in public. It's hard to juggle a baby and figure out your nursing bra.
8. People beg to sleep with you. Well, only because there is a monster under their bed.
9. You are covered in tattoos. That your kid got at a birthday party.
10. Hassled as you feel right now, in 20 years you will miss all the chaos.
- **note: i do not/have not ever wanted to be a celebrity.
- At this point in life, I can only personally relate to a couple of these, but I know there are moms out there everywhere who can not only relate to all 10 but can add their own.
- I am considering not even posting this because it is so irrelevant to life and there are so many more meaningful things on my mind right now I should be posting about.
- ...those things will come at a later date