Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Memo to Mommy

This came out of the Parents Magazine September 2008 issue. I have had it on the refrigerator since then and re-read it today. Just little snippets or advice...

Memo to Mommy:

"Stop freaking out about the mess! There's always time to clean-but how often do we get to make mud pies?"

"Love me, even when I'm naughty. I'll only be this age once."

"Be patient. I do everything for a reason, but I don't know enough words yet to give you an explanation."

"Let me do it. I know you can do it faster and better, but sometimes experience is the best teacher."

"Don't expect too much of me. I want to do what you ask me and make you happy, but I'm still little."

"Don't try to reason with me when I'm having a tantrum. Trust me- I can't hear you over my screaming."

"Keep your promises. It's all about trust. When I'm a teenager you'll understand why it's so important."

"Don't keep asking me if I've been good. I'm not even sure what that means, but if I was bad I'd never admit it."

"Don't let me think that you're perfect. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one who makes mistakes"

**Please feel free to add your own!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I like this so much, I copied it and paisted it in a word document for future reference! :)

    ReplyDelete