Monday, March 8, 2010

The Things we Think

I "freak out" about little things.
I don't like having a messy house.
I can't stand having dishes in the sink.
I am a planner.
I am impatient.
I am most definately a work in progress and I have recently read something that may help me.

Through a friend I found out about Layla Grace. She is, from what I can tell, around 17 months old and was diagnosed with a massive, cancerous tumor (stage 4) in her abdomen. From reading her parents blog it is clear that she used to be a beautiful, vibrant, typical 15 month old little girl and within a matter of days that changed.

from www.laylagrace.org
"our sweet Layla went from normal, happy and healthy to lethargic, in pain, and skin and bones in a matter of a week and a half."

I am not writing this post to be morbid. There are a couple of reasons I am posting this:
1. This family needs as many prayers and as much support as they can get and
2. It is just so eye opening and hear wrenching that I have not been able to stop thinking about it since I heard about her

I encourage yall to check out her blog at www.laylagrace.org and read the posts by her parents.
Not that it takes something this dramamtic to help us appreciate our relationships but I will say all that the dirty dishes, the messy house, the occasionally fussy boy...makes me feel more than fortunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment